AutoCAD Electrical Toolset
It contains all the functionality of AutoCAD, plus a comprehensive set of tools for automating control engineering tasks, such as building circuits, numbering wires, and creating bills of material.
AutoCAD Electrical provides a library of more than 700,000 electrical symbols and components, includes real-time error checking, and enables electrical and mechanical teams to collaborate on designs built with Autodesk® Inventor® software. AutoCAD Electrical offers control engineers a competitive edge by helping save hours of effort, so they can spend more time innovating.
AutoCAD Electrical Features
Electrical-specific productivity tools—Automated tasks, terminal management tools, project manager, and electrical-specific drafting commands can help electrical controls designers increase design accuracy and productivity.
Automatic error checking—Automatic wire numbering, component tagging, and coil and contact cross-referencing help to significantly reduce the risk of costly mistakes associated with manual drafting.
Standards-based libraries—Controls designers can promote design consistency with a comprehensive library of more than 650,000 standard components and support for multiple international standards, including AS, JIC, IEC, NFPA, JIS, and GB.
Automatic report generation—AutoCAD Electrical automatically generates a broad range of reports, from bills of materials (BOMs) and from/to wire lists to terminal plans and cable summaries.
Mechatronics product design—Electrical and mechanical teams can work collaboratively on designs. Bidirectional interoperability with Autodesk® Inventor® Professional software helps users create more accurate 2D and 3D mechatronics designs in less time.
Benefits of Electrical Toolset
In this study, the Electrical toolset boosted productivity by up to 95%,* bringing dramatic time savings to common AutoCAD electrical design tasks.
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical Training Classes
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical Fundamentals Training
Description: This class covers the indispensable core topics for working with the AutoCAD Electrical software. You will learn how to use many of the powerful electrical drawing creation tools in the AutoCAD Electrical software. You will create schematic drawings (ladder logic and point to point), panel drawings, and PLC-I/O circuits using automated commands for symbol insertion, component tagging, wire numbering, and drawing modification. In addition, you are introduced to methods of customizing AutoCAD Electrical symbols, circuits, and databases. Other topics covered include titleblock linking, reporting tools, templates, and project files.
Course Length: 3 days
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical Advanced Training
Description: This class builds off of the skills and knowledge gained in AutoCAD Electrical Fundamentals. Topics covered include:
- Title Block Setup
- Set up a standard title block with custom graphics
- Set up a standard title block with custom attributes
- Make a ‘smart’ template
- Menu Customization
- Modify the .env file to customize menu choices in the user interface
- Creating slide files
- Managing slide files with slide libraries
- Electrical standards
- How to modify the database
- How to create an alternate Electrical standards section in the database
- Custom Symbols
- Create a symbol builder attribute template
- Add a new type of symbol within symbol builder
- Pneumatic, Hydraulic, P & ID Components
- Cross discipline peer-to-peer relationships
- PLC Customization
- Be able to add customized PLCs to PLC database
- How to specify non-sequential PLC I/O addressing
- How to include special unused terminals
- PLC I/O Utility
- Understand how the PLC I/O spreadsheet ‘talks’ to the database & creates drawings
- Create PLC I/O spreadsheet
- Export to/Import from Spreadsheet
- Understand what are the modifiable parameters
- Understand the benefit of using export/import vs. circuit builder feature
- Circuit Builder
- Understand how the Excel spreadsheet feeds the automatic creation of drawings
- Add new circuit type to the circuit builder
Pre-Requisites: Electrical Fundamentals
Course Length: 2 days
This course explores the essential skills of AutoCAD Electrical for new users.